Sunday, November 16, 2008

Is the road clear now?

Now that CAT is over, i am Back to Blogging (B2B). Not that i was busy preparing for CAT, but i needed to give CAT some respect by atleast trying to show the world that i was not wasting my time blogging when i am supposed to slog over CAT. You got it! if not blogging, then..yah..! i did waste time over a lot of stuffs.. but i am not disclosing 'em right here. I am sure you wouldn't want to know how i waste my time. Ah! i am digressing. Let's get to the point. What i wanted to blog today was about my confused state of affairs and also what happened at CAT and a bit of flashback, GRE and the future roadmap. I admit i robbed the idea of this blog title from Harsha.. but i know he won't mind. No more digressing.

Speeding back to the third year of BITS, i remember distinctly that i was very clear as to what i wanted to do in my life. I had infact fabricated a perfect (i know it ain't perfect, coz it didn't work out) .so... ahem..correction.. not so perfect roadmap of my future career.It was something like this - Do masters, then work somewhere in US of A, then tackle an MBA and do a management stint somewhere.. not exactly somewhere.. P&G was my dream... now you know why i use dove and colgate.. :) .. After these major roles, i had decided to open something of my own.. not at US of A... but at India.. All these seemed very easy and practical at third year of college. But it started bombing off rather too fast.. It started to tumble first with my exceptional grades in CDC's and then GRE. Cramming up all the Barron words failed to help me as I didn't get any words from them.. but instead from Big Book. Well.. i pretty much made a disaster out of GRE and decided to kick out my first destination in the roadmap - MS. Now i wanted to bell the CAT.

It was a good decision of mine to think of something like CAT.. but only the time i decided to bell was wrong.. Thinking of CAT just 3 months before it ain't exactly the brilliant idea. But i thought i should be the exception.. (** stops to get a good laugh**) .. I didn't anyway.. I know i can put the blame on my office work.. but i won't do that.. i would just say that the cat escaped my grasps. My hands are quite slipperly. I am sure this justifies why i didn't do well.

So where am i standing now?

Nowhere. I am still sitting at office and trust me- I am mighty thankful of it! In the times of pink slip atmosphere, one really needs to be thankful to be earning enough to sustain peacefully.
So i know i am stuck here for atleast an year. I was hoping for the cat to liberate me next july, but the cat died and i might have to be here even next july and the year next..! oh no! Hopefully not. Cuz i have already started the next show, GMAT :-)

In the meanwhile, i have learnt to see my roadmap in reverse. Start the entrepreneurship stint right now. When i say "now", it extends to a couple of years.. but i hope to see it shaping up.
The other reality of "now" is to switch off my mind from flashbacks and dreams and get back to the "now" world of coding.

3 comments:

CVK said...

"i would just say that the cat escaped my grasps."

Just have one thing to say - No one ever knows..:)

Nice post...

Harish said...

..i see why the cat escaped your grasp.. you used 'Dove' to catch it... Doves don't catch cats, its the other way round!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gayathri, you had applied to sinhasangeet in freelancer.com.
Can you get in touch with me on soniajhim (at) yahoo (dot) com? I need to talk to you.
Thanks, Sangeeta